The Hurtt Family Health Clinic prides itself on providing the best whole family healthcare to community members in Orange County, California. Our four Federally Qualified Health Center community clinics provide medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, and chiropractic care along with guidance in signing up for available insurance opportunities. Hurtt is seeking an experienced and committed candidate to fill a Medical Director vacancy.
The Medical Director will provide management and direction to the clinical operations at our four local clinic facilities in Tustin, Santa Ana, and Anaheim. This position is responsible for the direct and indirect clinical supervision of healthcare providers and works in conjunction with healthcare providers on complex medical care issues. The ideal candidate will be able to foster an environment that enhances patient trust and enables providers to be more effective patient advocates while facilitating a cost-effective approach to patient health services and focusing on prevention and chronic disease management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Medical Doctorate degree from a fully accredited university.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Residency/Clinical Program
- California Physician license (current, unrestricted and in good standing)
- California Physician license with a Family Practice Board Certification (current, unrestricted and in good standing)
- DEA license, NPI number, and BLS certification (current, unrestricted and in good standing)
- 3-5 years of staff supervision experience with proven ability to manage and lead staff effectively to achieve standards and objectives.
- 5 years of active clinical practice experience required.
- 3 years of experience working with Medicare, Medi-Cal benefits and regulations, as well as its population and demographics required.
- Ability to understand cultural competency principles and work effectively in a multi-cultural/socio-economic Community Health Clinic environment.
- Ability to create and manage medical provider staffing schedules for multiple clinic sites, including 4 fixed site locations and mobile clinic with healthcare outreach and clinic events.
- Ability to diagnosis and treat medical problems commonly experienced by the underinsured population.
- Ability to apply psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for homeless patients.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Bilingual abilities in medical terminology is preferred but not required.
- OC Hospital admitting privileges is preferred, but not required.
- Driver’s license (current, unrestricted and in good standing)