Call Center Representative
Call Center Representatives will answer all incoming calls from the main clinic phone line and route calls to the appropriate employee or department. This position will also schedule patient appointments at appropriate clinic locations with appropriate medical provider as part of the Patient Services team.
The best candidate for this position:
- is bilingual in Spanish with strong verbal and written communication skills
- has previous successful experience working in a call center or telephone based customer service
- has basic typing, telephone technical, and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel). Knowledge of EMR systems is a plus.
- has a positive, patient, and professional demeanor at all times to coworkers and patients
- is dependable, self-motivated, proactive, and a team player
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when answering telephone calls as HFHC “Ambassador”.
- Schedules patient appointments for medical, dental, mental health, chiropractic and optometry visits.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of appointment policies and procedures to ensure appointments are scheduled accurately to provide a positive experience for all patients.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all telephone calls and messages as appropriate.
- Trains back up personnel on telephone system, EMR, and phone protocol.
- Receives faxed documents, and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Reroutes telephone messages and enters all requests directly into EMR and sends to appropriate staff.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- Routes or replies to messages left in clinic voice message queue.
- Arranges for trained personnel to replace the call center position when absent.
- Performs other specified duties whenever assigned.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking with on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
- Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Basic typing (40 wpm).
- Excellent phone skills.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Legible writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Regular timely attendance on the job.
Position requires working full- time, which may be scheduled anytime within the overall hours that the clinic is open. The position requires working in a busy, open area office where the Call Center Associate will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and data entry, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a local community health clinic organization that provides medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and behavioral health services to low-income patients in Orange County, California. Our organization has four clinics within Orange County located in Tustin, Santa Ana, and Anaheim.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 714-247-4375 with any questions regarding the application process.