The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a full-time Referral Coordinator to join the Patient Services team and provide eligibility and intake support services to ensure continued health care coverage and health access to adults and children in the community.
The best candidate for this position:
- is bilingual in Spanish with strong verbal and written communication skills
- has knowledge of health insurance, referrals, and/or eligibility
- has previous successful experience working in a health clinic and/or call center
- has basic typing, telephone technical, and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel). Knowledge of EMR systems is a plus.
- has a positive, patient, and professional demeanor at all times to coworkers and patients and is dependable, self-motivated, proactive, and a team player
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide customer service for patients, providers and facility staff. Respond to inquiries regarding insurance coverage, outside providers, claim issues, disability, appeals and general information about Hurtt Family Health Clinic.
- Work in conjunction with all other departments to educate patient, physicians and staff in different insurance protocols and benefits.
- Responsible for verifying eligibility and benefits information and enrolling patients into the Hurtt Clinic system.
- Responsible for processing referrals correctly and in a timely manner.
- Appropriate document referral status into patients electronic record.
- Processes all Review status referrals and Home Health referrals.
- All referral coordinators will be responsible to have a working knowledge of Komen grant protocol, education, tracking, and billing.
- Performs other related duties requested by Director or Manager.
- Represents Hurtt family health clinic in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year experience with HMOs/Managed Care. Should have ability to read and interpret health plan benefit manuals and CPT and ICD information. Knowledge of Utilization operations and prior medical office experience required.
- Demonstrated “detail approach” to all administrative and organizational duties. Ability to take initiative to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Compassionate behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking with over the telephone, visitors and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, confidentiality, and flexibility within all areas of responsibility.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate’s Degree or certificate in a related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. . Must have good listening skills, and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English both one-on-one, and in a group setting. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology and regulatory agencies such as federal, state, CMS (fka HCFA), DMHC, and NCQA
- Good written communication skills.
- Legible handwriting skills.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record.)
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) including the ability to utilize electronic medical records database and reporting functions.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Regular timely attendance.
- Ability to excel in organization and attention to details and follow through and able to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Type: Full Time, On-Site
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a local community health clinic organization that provides medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and behavioral health services to low-income patients in Orange County, California. Our organization has four clinic locations within Orange County and one Call Center department located in our main admin office in Tustin.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 714-247-4375 with any questions regarding the application process.