The Pediatric Physician Assistant provides general medical care and treatment to patients, under direction of Physician, by performing physical examinations and preventative health measures, diagnostic tests, formulates plans and prognosis, and discusses cases with supervising Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plans, among other duties as stated below.
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent
Experience: 2-3 years of previous practice experience & 1-2 years of pediatric experience. Previous Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) experience is preferred but not required.
Certificates & Licenses: Current licensed Physician Assistant (PA), current DEA furnishing license, BCLS certification
Language: Fluent in English and bilingual in a second language is preferred but not required (Spanish strongly preferred)
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses cases with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Completes all required billing and coding documentation not later than 48 hours after encounter.
- Performs routine health care within area of specialty using standardized procedures.
- Rotates between Mobile Clinic and Hurtt Clinics.
- Diagnoses and manages common acute problems as well as management of chronic stable conditions.
- Orders and interprets appropriate lab and diagnostic tests as needed.
- Prescribes appropriate treatment including education, therapeutic, and pharmacological.
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Participates in provider meetings and peer reviews.
- Leads at least one provider meeting didactic/case discussion at per year.
- Works as a team member in identifying clinic needs and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Serves clients with referrals including those needs beyond healthcare.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- Networks within the Health Care Community to obtain resources for patients.
- Maintains a spirit of life-long learning, utilizes evidence-based practices and resources to provide high quality patient care, and uses CME funds to stay up to date with evidence-based care with trainings and conferences.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn primary care procedures and clinical care appropriate for Hurtt Family Health Clinic patient needs including but not limited to primary care dermatological procedures, incision and drainage, pediatric/geriatric care, medication assisted treatment, and screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment.
- Provides warm-handoffs and engages in interdisciplinary team-based care.
- Participates in quality improvement and patient safety processes.
- Leads by example for their peers and support staff with professionalism.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
May be assigned to oversee the work of Medical Assistants and Eligibility Workers
- Salary Range: $110,000 – $120,000 annually
- Type: Full Time, On-Site
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Continued Medical Education (CME)
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the HFHC Organization.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a local community health clinic organization that provides medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and behavioral health services to low-income patients in Orange County, California. Our organization has four clinics within Orange County located in Tustin, Santa Ana, and Anaheim.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 714-247-4375 with any questions regarding the application process.