Electronic Medical Records and Data Specialist
This position will provide IT support to end users of various technical issues and troubleshooting with the clinic Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. HFHC currently uses eClinicalWorks (“eCW”) electronic medical records program. This position will provide services in data analysis, data management, gathering, and reporting from clinic EMR database at the discretion of the Executive Director, Reporting and Compliance Officer, and other designated staff. These duties will ensure Hurtt information is accurate and concise in order to help leadership develop strategies for successful operation of the clinic. The position also provides front-line primary technical support to end users of various technical issues and problems relating to eCW.
The best candidate for this position:
- has knowledge of Electronic Medical/Health Records (EMR/EHR) systems and administration (eClinicalWorks experience a plus)
- has previous successful experience in healthcare data management/analysis with a strong understanding of healthcare operations
- has a positive, patient, and professional demeanor to foster a harmonious and productive environment working with clinic staff, the billing company, and EMR software support
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proficient in EMR database systems, trouble shooting and data analysis in order to generate, maintain, and create data reporting, run ad hoc reports, provide all necessary documentation needed for operations, grant, and outcomes reporting. Serves as the EMR “super user”.
- Acts as primary interface with EMR Software Company for all end user issues, upgrades, and requests. Serve as primary point of contact for all end users for EMR training, systems related issues, and equipment upgrades.
- Gather and integrate data from disparate sources.
- Prepares and submits regular reports on clinic productivity, service utilization, provider productivity, and exceptions regarding to leadership.
- Works at the direction of the Executive Director to develop reporting for grants, potential growth opportunities, and productivity programs. Completes weekly, monthly, and quarterly tracking, as required.
- Maintain all required licensing, permitting, and compliance for all Hurtt Clinic sites for all EMR and other software programs.
- Serves as HFHC eCW Administrator. Responsible for all annual computer based training and specialized training and tracking employee completion of eCW.
Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change depending upon the needs of the HFHC clinic organization.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of Computer Science/Business/Finance/Economics is preferred.
- 2 years minimum of Healthcare Data Analysis with Electronic Medical/Health Records Administration experience. eClinicalWorks system experience is preferred but not required.
- 2 years minimum experience in healthcare data management/analysis field with a strong understanding of healthcare operations and EMR systems.
- 2 years minimum data analysis with analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work with HFHC staff (customer service) in training and troubleshooting EMR system.
- Ability to foster a harmonious and productive environment working with Clinic staff, the billing company, and EMR software support to achieve all performance objectives.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally to meet all assigned task deadlines.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, confidentiality, and flexibility within all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Timely Attendance.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Hurtt Family Health Clinic.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a local community health clinic organization that provides medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and behavioral health services to low-income patients in Orange County, California. Our organization has four clinic locations within Orange County.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 714-247-4375 with any questions regarding the application process.