The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Dental Assistant position. This position will be under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist this position is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of dental care and treatment services. The Dental Assistant also performs regular basic supportive dental procedures and functions within the scope of a Dental Assistant within the Hurtt Family Dental clinics.
Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Serves as dentists or dental hygienists chair-side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Clinic protocols and the dentist or dental hygienists directions.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Clinic directive and protocol.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Clinic directive and protocol.
- Maintains Clinic equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions and Clinic policy and protocol.
- Maintains all treatment areas in compliance with Clinic directives and protocols as well as policies and procedures relative to infection control exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Maintains a list of all Clinic patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
- Updates patient’s electronic medical records, as appropriate.
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, Clinic business and patient care of the Clinic.
- Insures the sterility of all-reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance with Clinic directive and protocol.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Clinic directive Clinic policy as well as state and federal regulation(s).
- Performs all functions in full compliance with the Clinic Exposure Control Plan including but not limited to the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal, state, local and Clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of general dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent such as a GED certificate.
- Completion of accredited Dental Assisting School
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent Dental Assistant work experience.
- Valid California Dental Assistant license and certification.
- Certificate of completion in the following: Radiographic Skills, BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider, CPR and Infectious Disease Control.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills (oral and written) in Spanish/English are required.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and to prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
- Ability to foster a safe and confidential environment where people will feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Proficiency with basic typing and knowledge of basic functions in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.)
- Communicate positively and professionally to all patients, staff, management, volunteers and visitors at all times treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work individually or as a team.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (HFHC insurance carrier requires less than 2 DMV points on driving record.)
- Regular and timely attendance.
- This position and employment is considered “Essential Employment” and will be expected to continue job duties with flexibility for the HURTT Family Healthcare Clinic during a community crisis, disaster or emergency.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please take the link below: APPLY HERE to officially apply for this position. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email email@example.com, in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.