Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill some newly opened positions for Licensed Clinical Social Worker or LCSW. The LCSW is scheduled for a full time work schedule and will provide culturally sensitive mental health services to the communities by providing assessments, referrals and follow-up appointments includes developing plans with the client and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office.
Job Duties (subject to change depending on the needs of the clinic):
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Mental Health Director.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Mental Health Director.
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/ case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- Conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the EMR system in a timely manner
- Tracks and maintains patient follow up. Scans all paperwork pertaining to patients.
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Develops community relationships for patient referrals.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for patient referrals.
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable.
Position schedule is primarily first shift, but may require work beyond the normal (weekends/holidays), depending on clinic or patient emergencies that may occur. The work location is at a busy, community clinic setting where the LCSW will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers entering medical information which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
- Master Degree in Social Work
- California License as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- 1-2 years of clinical work experience post masters degree in a medical social work or community clinic environment.
- Ability to carry a busy caseload daily and weekly.
- Experience providing specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Insurance knowledge and other various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in all forms (written, verbal, typed) including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and EMR / EHR systems is preferred.
- Ability to provide supervision to training staff when needed after being licensed for 2 years.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multicultural environment with diverse groups of men, women and children.
- Treat all people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times (i.e. when speaking on the telephone, to visitors, and company personnel)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants, children and adults.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. Please use the “Apply Here” link below to officially apply for this position with the required HURTT Employment Application. This is the preferred application method of the employment process. If the employment portal link below does not work, you may also download/print a PDF version of our employment application from our main employment page or pick up a hard copy that is available at OC Rescue Mission front desk (open 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year) located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. All hard copy applications must be address and submitted to the main HR office located at the OC Rescue Mission address listed. You may also submit employment applications via our secure fax (714)566-6461 or dropped off in person. This position is open until filled.