Registered Nurse – Bilingual
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill vacancies for full-time bilingual Registered Nurses to join our amazing community clinic team. This position will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in our community clinic setting under the direction of the Director of Nurses and Medical Director. The Bilingual RN is accountable for planning, organizing, coordinating and managing the operations of the Care Coordination Department and Laboratory. The RN assures that quality care is provided in the most effective and efficient manner, coordinating service delivery and relationships with community resources and community partners.
Job Duties (some duties may change depending on the clinic site)
- Responsible for tele-med (bilingual communication in Spanish required) triage of urgent care or hospital follow patients (via telephone), patient portal, nurse advice line, or in-person, following standard protocol established by the Medical Director.
- Dispenses and/or administers medications orally or by injection as ordered by medical providers and according to established policies and procedures, and documents as appropriate.
- Oversees the use of case management and population health management techniques to effectively coordinate patient care with an aim of reducing unnecessary hospital emergency department utilization.
- Leads collaboration efforts with local hospitals to facilitate timely care transitions for patients.
- Ensures the health center’s laboratory services are provided in adherence to all prevailing laws and regulations.
- Ensures that laboratory services are delivered in a values based manner and that health center policies and procedures governing laboratory services are adhered to.
- Advise Clinic Managers about recommended immunization policies, clinical procedures, and training for Medical Assistant staff, as needed.
- Responsible for monthly monitoring of clinic emergency equipment (i.e. oxygen, emergency kit, and AED) at all sites.
- In collaboration with the Clinic Manager is responsible for preparing for and participating in program audits, including but not limited to: VFC/A, CalOptima, Monarch, CHOC, CHPD, F-PACT, EWC-CDP, and HRSA.
- Participates and leads Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) initiatives.
- Lead and provide tattoo removal to scheduled patients.
- Manage and provide the tattoo removal to scheduled clinic patients.
- Graduation from a California Accredited Registered Nurse program.
- California State Board RN License with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in an ambulatory care or community clinic setting is strongly preferred.
- Bilingual communication in Spanish (fluent in medical translation)
- Current CPR/BLCS for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- 1 year of supervisory/manager experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary care team.
- Certification in the tattoo removal process is strongly preferred but not required. If not certified, becoming certified upon hire is required.
- A strong desire to serve and work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- The ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Effective training and coaching skills; ability to drive results and achieve objectives through others.
- Knowledge of child, adolescent, and adult health care issues.
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, clinic-based nursing tasks.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Working knowledge of EMR/EHR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred but not required)
- Basic typing (40 wpm) abilities and successful experience in Microsoft software abilities (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Solid knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software processes of obtaining background information and reports on patients, following up on appts with patients is needed.
- Demonstrate a “detailed-approach” to administration and organization with the ability to pro-actively problem solve.
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular timely attendance and flexible to work occasional long hours and weekends if necessary,
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. Candidates MUST COMPLETE A HURTT CLINIC EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Please take the link at the bottom of the job description “Apply Here” to our online employment portal. Hard copy employment applications are available at our main office front desk at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person at our front desk, by mail (attention Human Resources), via email or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled. Salary is dependent upon experience level.