Behavioral Health Manager
The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the medical, dental, behavioral health needs of low-income families within Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a behavioral health professional to fill an upcoming manager vacancy for the Behavioral Health Department.
The Behavioral Health Manager is responsible for directly supervising the behavioral health staff of LCSW and ASW staff members while providing patient care services and ensuring compliance with program policies, procedures, standards, and the delivery of high quality integrated behavioral health services to patients and their families. The Behavioral Health Manager is responsible for developing behavioral health programs that align with both Patient Centered Medical Home initiatives and traditional therapy modalities. The Behavioral Health Manager works closely with other clinic department leadership to facilitate an integrated, team-based approach to patient care across all service lines.
- Oversee and supervise the behavioral health department staff: LCSWs, ASWs, Interns.
- Assess and conduct periodic performance reviews to ensure staff are meeting set goals and objectives.
- Reviews schedules of LCWS and ASW staff for efficiency and effectiveness purposes, implementing change when needed.
- Develops and monitors the behavioral health policies, procedures, and standards of
- Partners closely with Clinic Managers and Call Center team in operational functions.
- Partners with Orange County Rescue Mission (OCRM) to create and maintain a comprehensive behavioral health program that supports the OCRM program and students.
- Coordinates and oversees the Psychiatry operations at the health
- Partners with MAT and substance abuse treatment providers to provide supportive and complementary behavioral health services.
- Participates in all aspects of the Behavioral Health Integration services, warm hand offs, assessments, tracking referrals, and short term behavioral health
- Performs clinical training for the EMR, billing procedures, and clinical
- Participates in Ops Meetings and QA/QI-Risk Management Meetings.
- Participates in responding to patient grievances, incidents, and near misses.
- Leads Behavioral Health Meetings.
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as needed.
- Manages and oversees specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic
- Inputs patient notes and documentation in the EMR system within 48 hours after the visit and ensures this standard is met by all LCSW’s, ASW’s and interns.
- Tracks and maintains patient follow up. Scans all paperwork pertaining to
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical
- Develops community relationships for patient
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- Masters in Social Work.
- Five years of successful work experience in a clinical related setting, preferably in a community clinic or social municipal based social services or at risk setting.
- A minimum of two-years of supervisory or management oversight over a behavioral health department, or similar social services team.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants and
- Must be familiar with providing specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and other medical-related software systems such as EHR/EMR (eClinical) is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with diverse groups of men, women and children.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as
- Treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Regular timely attendance.
- The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is considered an “Essential Employer” during community crisis/disasters/emergencies, therefor this employment is considered “essential” and you will be expected to show up and perform your essential job duties as designated by the organization.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Community Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless.
To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. Please take the link below “apply here” to our online employment portal. Please contact email@example.com with any problems related to the employment process. You may submit a hard copy application by email, in person, by mail (attention Human Resources), via email or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.