Associate Social Worker
The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking hire Associate Social Workers to add to our growing Behavioral Health Department. The Associate Social Worker will provide culturally sensitive behavioral health services to the communities by providing assessments, referrals and follow-up appointments includes developing plans with the client and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office.
- Provides direct behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Behavioral Health Manager.
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/ case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- Conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the EMR system in a timely manner
- Tracks and maintains patient follow up. Scans all paperwork pertaining to patients.
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Develops community relationships for patient referrals.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for patient referrals.
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited College.
- Licensed in California as an Associate Social Worker (ASW).
- Two years (2-4 years preferred) of clinical work experience and preferably some experience in medical social work.
- Current CPR/BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification for infants and adults.
- Licensed as an ACSW is not required but a plus.
- Work experience with multicultural environments serving diverse groups of men, women and children. Work experience with communities in need is preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Must have a basic understanding of assisting or preferably running specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being adaptable to each client being served. Bilingual with comprehension of medical terms in both languages is preferred, but not required.
- Basic typing skills of 40 wpm with proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Electronic Medical/Health Records database systems.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Keep a professional and positive attitude at all times. Treating all people (coworkers, patients, visitors and volunteers) with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times (i.e. when speaking on the telephone, to visitors, and company personnel)
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of our community members that are currently at risk of homelessness.
TO OFFICIALLY APPLY: Please complete the required HURTT Family Health Clinic Employment Application. Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal or go back to the main employment page to print and fill out the hard copy PDF application by hand.
To submit any hard copy applications you may fax (714)566-6461, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to our main HR office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782, or dropped off in person with our reception desk any day of the week before 10[m. Please address any hard copy applications in a sealed envelope addressed the HFHC Human Resources Office. This position is open until filled.